Take Us Out Of Certificate Scandal – Jonathan, Fayose

wpid-jonathan-fayose.jpg

The Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan and Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose have both denied allegations that they have any certificate scandal hanging on them.

They gave the comments in separate statements they issued on Monday.

Jonathan said he had never been linked to any sort of certificate scandal as reported by a popular newspaper last week, urging that facts about his educational documents could be traced to the University of Port Harcourt or St. Michael’s Primary School, Oloibiri and Mater Dei High School, lmiringi where he obtained his Bachelor’s degree or First leaving school certificates respectively.

He however said it was wrong to have mentioned his name among prominent Nigerians that were said to have been involved in certificate scandal.

In a statement issued in Abuja on Monday by Jonathan’s Media Adviser, Mr. Ikechukwu Eze, he dismissed the claim as lies, stressing that ex-President Jonathan had “never been linked to any doubt, scandal or controversy concerning his academic qualifications.”

“We really don’t know where this is coming from, but we wish to remain unambiguous in our assertion that this is obvious falsehood, since the former President has never been linked to any doubt, scandal or controversy concerning his academic qualifications.

“We are not aware of any probe, allegation or litigation relating to his very well known academic qualifications.

“For the avoidance of doubt, we wish to restate that former President Jonathan’s educational records can easily be traced to St. Michael’s Primary School, Oloibiri and Mater Dei High School, lmiringi where he obtained his first school leaving certificate and the General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level respectively, as well as the University of Port Harcourt, where he received his Bachelor of Science, Master’s and doctoral degrees.”

Mr. Eze also said that the classmates of the former President in all the schools he attended are still alive for anybody to call in and ask questions.

Meanwhile, Governor Fayose also denied the claims, saying at no time was his educational attainment called to question.

In a statement by the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in Ekiti State, Mr. Owoseni Ajayi, it said there is no certificate scandal against Fayose.

Ajayi said there was no basis to include the governor among prominent Nigerians with certificate scandals.

The Attorney General said the orchestrated issue of the educational qualification of Fayose was laid to rest over a decade ago in the case of AD v Fayose (CA/IL/EP/GOV/1/2004) “wherein the Court of Appeal dismissed every allegation or insinuation of irregularity in the educational qualifications of Dr. Peter Ayodele Fayose.”

He said, “Suffice to say that even at that time, the contention was whether Oluwayose was the same person as Fayose and the Appeal Court found that ‘Peter Ayodele Oluwayose was one and the same person as ‘Peter Ayodele Fayose.’

“It was a mere change of name, which followed the stipulated legal processes and procedures but which mischief makers tried to distort and capitalise upon for selfish political reasons.

“To set the records straight, we emphatically state that His Excellency, Dr. Peter Ayodele Fayose, is not in any way involved or associated or connected with any form of ‘certificate scandals’ as the public is being made to believe.

“The resort to associating Dr. Peter Ayodele Fayose with ‘certificate scandals’ is only a last resort by desperate politicians who are threatened by the rising profile and towering political stature of Dr. Peter Ayodele Fayose.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *